COVID Opening Protocol – Beginning June 1, 2021
- Client will call when they arrive to let us know who they are and what spot they are in. We will ask them if they would prefer an in-person/in-clinic DVM appointment or if they would like to have a curbside appointment.
- If curbside, we will follow our current protocol. If in-person/in-clinic is requested, when there is a clear path to an exam room, with no other clients or employees present, the assistant or CVT will go to the car and escort the client and their pet(s) directly into a cleaned exam room.
- Only one client will be allowed in per appointment. The client must properly wear a mask (covering both their nose and mouth) and stay seated during the appointment. The client is not allowed to assist with their pet.
- Exams can take place in the exam room however all treatments, procedures, blood draws, ear cleaning, FNAs, etc are to be done away from the client, in the treatment area or a different exam room. Limiting the amount of exposure time.
- The assistant or CVT will take care of the invoice, payment and booking of future appointments in the exam room with the client present. After the appointment is concluded, the assistant or CVT will escort the client back outside and return to thoroughly disinfect the exam room, door knobs, chairs, etc.
- There will be no face-to-face interaction with the front desk staff. Clear plastic barriers will need to be installed at the front counters.
- Surgery admissions, day admissions, Technician appointments, boarding drop-offs, medication/food pick up, paperwork pick-up, and retail pick-up will still remain curbside.
- We will be posting our COVID opening protocol to ALLYDVM and Facebook twice weekly beginning on 5/25/21 through 6/14/21.
**ONLY ONE CLIENT PER APPOINTMENT WITH PET(S). No exceptions
**If there are more than one person along and/or children and they don’t want to leave them alone, the appointment will remain CURBSIDE.
**Curbside option will always be available for our clients if they prefer their appointment that way.
**THIS PROTOCOL IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE TO FOLLOW CDC AND/OR LOCAL RECOMMENDATIONS**